This week, we released our 2011 annual report covering some of our major accomplishments and our special 30th Anniversary Gala. It was an amazing, and busy, year for the Project On Government Oversight. Some highlights from 2011 include:
- Revolving Door Database for the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Our report Bad Business: Billions of Taxpayer Dollars Wasted on Hiring Contractors, which sparked an important debate about the contractor workforce
- 8 testimonies before Congress by POGO staff
- Protecting national security whistleblower Franz Gayl
- POGO’s 30 Anniversary Gala featuring Lewis Black and a panel discussion with The Huffington Posts’s Dan Froomkin, Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), former Representative Chris Shays (R. Conn.) and Wall Street maverick David Einhorn.
You can find out more about POGO accomplishments in 2011, see beautiful photos of our hard-working staff, and read what others are saying about POGO in the full annual report.
Andre Francisco is an online producer for the Project On Government Oversight.